Monday, February 6, 2012

Upcoming...



By now, the whole world knows about the crazy women who consider clipping coupons their full-time job and will haunt your dreams if you ring up their purchase without their full $308 discount.  

I am at a crossroads with these shows and these women.  One part of me is totally disgusted by these women, their stockpiles, and their psycho attitudes.  The other part of me is slightly jealous that they save so much while still providing their family with (mostly) healthy meals.

I am not one of those women.  I just can’t be that mean to those poor checkout ladies, and I don’t have the time to spend cutting coupons all day (doesn’t their hand get tired from those scissors??).  

BUT!

Last month, we spent an obscene amount on groceries.  I don’t really know how it happened, but at the end of the month, we were eating stale bread and almost-black bananas, because we had no money left in the grocery fund.  As much as we love that whole “we don’t have money but we’re living on love” thing, we also like to eat real food instead of pasta 4 days in a row.

So I am trying to be much more intentional about how much I spend on groceries, following the less-crazy but still savvy shopper’s advice about making meal plans and planning food based on what’s on sale that week.  I want to update you at the end of each month, and I am already crazy excited about the progress I’ve made this month!

ALSO!

I just signed up for this great program that allows bloggers to request free books as long as they agree to post a review about it.  Those of you who know me well know I am a book-devouring fiend with no mercy for those beautiful white pages, so needless to say, expect some reviews on some great (or not) books!

That’s all for now, but I have forced you have to come back by enticing you with wonderful promises of saving money and reading good books.  Even the best of you can’t resist such delicacies, so I’ll see you again soon!*

*I won’t really see you, because this is only a computer.  Silly reader!



{Photo source}

No comments:

Post a Comment